Cherokee Morning Song

Monday, August 19, 2013

Strength




We smudge to clear the air around us. We smudge to clean our minds so that we’ll have good thoughts of others. We smudge our eyes so that we’ll only see good things in others. We smudge our ears so that we’ll only listen to good things about others. We smudge our mouths so that we’ll only speak of good about others. 
We smudge our whole being so that we may portray the good 
part of ourselves through our actions. -Native tradition

“I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.”

 Michelangelo
This is what life does to us it keeps chipping away the unnecessary to reveal the essence.
Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were.

The Creator seldom, gives me what I want

But gives me what I need.
I ask for wealth, He gives me health-
For love, He gives me seeds.
"Go sow the seeds",
He seems to say,
And love will grow for you,
And health will be the wealth you need
To share the love you grew."

And when I pray for worldly goods

And comforts of a king,
He fills my heart with little joys,
For simple, common things;

And when I beg for things I see-

Of envy to my mind-
He guides my steps to happy souls
Who are completely blind.

So, now, I just come unto

Him In simple, humble prayer
with a faithful heart I ask
"what can i do for you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment