Cherokee Morning Song

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Mother Earth, Teach Me to Remember




 Mother  Earth teach me stillness
   as the grasses are stilled with light.
   Mother Earth teach me suffering
   as old stones suffer with memory.
   Mother Earth teach me humility
   as blossoms are humble with beginning.
   Mother Earth Teach me caring
   as the mother who secures her young.
  Mother Earth teach me courage
   as the tree which stands alone.
   Mother Earth teach me limitation
   as the ant which crawls on the ground.
   Mother Earth teach me freedom
   as the eagle which soars in the sky.
   Mother Earth teach me resignation
   as the leaves which die in the fall.
   Mother Earth teach me regeneration
   as the seed which rises in the spring.
   Mother Earth teach me to forget myself
   as melted snow forgets its life.
   Mother Earth teach me to remember kindness
   as dry fields weep in the rain.


A Cherokee Blessing Prayer

May the Warm Winds of Heaven
Blow softly upon your house.
May the Great Spirit
Bless all who enter there.
May your Mocassins
Make happy tracks
in many snows,
and may the Rainbow
Always touch your shoulder.


The Apache Wedding Blessing

Now you will feel no rain,
for each of you will be
shelter to the other.

Now you will feel no cold,
for each of you will be
warmth to the other.

Now there is no more loneliness,
for each of you will be
companion to the other.

Now you are two bodies,
but there is only one
life before you.

Go now to your dwelling place,
to enter into the days
of your togetherness.

And may your days
be good and long
upon the earth.



Earth Healing Ceremony Prayer


O Great Creator,
I come before you in a humble manner
and offer you this sacred pipe.
With tears in my eyes and an ancient song from my heart
I pray.

To the four powers of Creation,
To the Grandfather Sun,
To the Grandmother Moon,
To the Mother Earth,
And to my ancestors.

I pray for my relations in Nature,
All those who walk, crawl, fly, and swim,
Seen and unseen,
To the good spirits that exist in every part of Creation.

I ask that you bless our elders and children and families and friends,
And the brothers and sisters in prison.
I pray for the ones who are sick on drugs and alcohol
And for those homeless and forlorn.
I also pray for peace among the four races of humankind.

May there be good health and healing for this Earth,
May there be Beauty above me,
May there be Beauty below me,
May there be Beauty in me,
May there be Beauty around me.
I ask that this world be filled with Peace, Love and Beauty.





No comments:

Post a Comment