Cherokee Morning Song

Monday, August 19, 2013

Living Elements




"My grandfather is the fire
My grandmother is the wind
The Earth is my mother
The Great Spirit is my father
The World stopped at my birth
and laid itself at my feet
And I shall swallow the Earth whole
when I die and the Earth and I will be one

Hail The Great Spirit, my father without him no one could exist because there would be no will to live

Hail The Earth, my mother without which no food could be grown
and so cause the will to live to starve.

Hail the wind, my grandmother for she brings loving, life giving rain nourishing us as she nourishes our crops.

Hail the fire, my grandfather for the light, the warmth, the comfort he brings without which we be animals, not men

Hail my parent and grandparents without which not I, nor you, nor anyone else could have existed.

Life gives life which gives unto itself a promise of new life.

Hail the Great Spirit, The Earth, the wind, the fire
praise my parents loudly for they are your parents, too.

Oh, Great Spirit, giver of my life please accept this humble offering of prayer this offering of praise

This honest reverence of my love for you."

"Pray for us Grandfather we have forgotten the instructions of how to live 
on earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment